|Onion||1 Small, peeled and finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Long grain rice||12 Ounce (350 gram)|
|Shelled pistachio nuts||2 Ounce, peeled and pan fried till golden brown (50 gram)|
1. In a medium sized sauce pan, heat oil.
2. Add onions and garlic and sautÃ© on a medium flame till onions turn translucent.
3. Add rice, salt and water. Mix well and bring to boil.
4. Once boiled, reduce flame and cover and cook for 20 minutes or till rice is cooked.
5. Drain off excess water and transfer on to a serving bowl.
6. Add fried nuts and fold gently.
7. Serve warm as an accompaniment to main courses.