|Onion||1 Small, peeled and finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Long grain rice||12 Ounce (350 gram)|
|Shelled pistachio nuts||2 Ounce, peeled and pan fried till golden brown (50 gram)|
1. In a medium sized sauce pan, heat oil.
2. Add onions and garlic and sautÃ© on a medium flame till onions turn translucent.
3. Add rice, salt and water. Mix well and bring to boil.
4. Once boiled, reduce flame and cover and cook for 20 minutes or till rice is cooked.
5. Drain off excess water and transfer on to a serving bowl.
6. Add fried nuts and fold gently.
7. Serve warm as an accompaniment to main courses.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1863 Calories from Fat 494
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g88.2%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g37.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 406.1 mg16.9%
Total Carbohydrates 299 g99.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.3%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 36 g71.7%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 22.5%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 30.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet