Grilled Chicory with Pears and Hazelnuts
|Chicory heads||8 Small, halved lengthwise and cored (or use 4 large heads)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Pears||2 , peeled, cored, halved and sliced|
|Halzelnut oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh thyme/1 teaspoon dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Hazelnuts||50 Gram, toasted and chopped|
|Fresh thyme sprigs||4|
|Crusty italian bread||1|
1. Pre heat a grill.
2. Once hot, place chicory heads (cut side up) and brush with oil.
3. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or till uniformly golden brown.
4. Top grilled chicory with pears, brush hazelnut oil over pear and sprinkle thyme and pepper.
5. Grill for 5 to 6 minutes or till done.
4. Arrange carefully on a platter, garnish with hazelnuts, thyme sprigs and a drizzle of hazelnut oil. Serve as a accompaniment to Italian breads.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1208 Calories from Fat 807
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g143.4%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 342.6 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.4%
Dietary Fiber 36 g143.9%
Sugars 36 g
Protein 20 g39.5%
Vitamin A 562.8% Vitamin C 253.3%
Calcium 63.2% Iron 57.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet