Grilled Chicory With Pears And Hazelnuts
|Chicory heads||8 Small, halved lengthwise and cored (or use 4 large heads)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Pears||2 , peeled, cored, halved and sliced|
|Halzelnut oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh thyme/1 teaspoon dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Hazelnuts||50 Gram, toasted and chopped|
|Fresh thyme sprigs||4|
|Crusty italian bread||1|
1. Pre heat a grill.
2. Once hot, place chicory heads (cut side up) and brush with oil.
3. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or till uniformly golden brown.
4. Top grilled chicory with pears, brush hazelnut oil over pear and sprinkle thyme and pepper.
5. Grill for 5 to 6 minutes or till done.
4. Arrange carefully on a platter, garnish with hazelnuts, thyme sprigs and a drizzle of hazelnut oil. Serve as a accompaniment to Italian breads.