Orange Nut Cookies
|For orange cookie mix|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Quick cooking oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Corn flakes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|For the cookie|
|Orange cookie mix||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Grated orange rind||3 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. To make the Orange Cookie Mix : In a large bowl, add sugar; cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. In a different bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, oats and cornflakes. Mix well.
4. Mix into sugar mixture. Cover and store in refrigerator till use.
5. To make the Cookies: In a bowl, combine Orange Cookie Mix, egg, orange rind, orange juice and walnuts.
6. Using your hands, shape dough into 1-inch balls.
7. Keep them about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
8. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
9. Serve right away or store in an airtight container.