Cottage Cheese Nut Croquettes
|Low fat cottage cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Required, To Moisten, If Needed)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onions||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Corn flake crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 325 °F.
2) Grease a cookie sheet and place aside.
3) In a bowl, combine first 8 ingredients and mix well.
4) Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions.
5) Shape the portions in croquettes.
6) In a bowl, add egg and milk to beat lightly.
7) Dip each croquette into egg mixture.
8) Roll the croquette in corn flake crumbs.
9) Arrange the croquettes on the cookie sheet and place inside oven to bake for 25 minutes.
10) Serve warm with tomato sauce, if desired.