|Butter||3 Ounce, softened|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce|
|Chopped salted peanuts||2 Tablespoon|
|Soft brown sugar||2 Ounce|
|Egg||1⁄2 , beaten|
|Self-raising flour||4 Ounce|
|Ground mixed spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Caster sugar||2 Tablespoon (For Sprinkling)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) In a bowl, put the sugar and butter and beat well together till the mixture light and fluffy.
3) Add the peanuts, egg and brown sugar. Beat well.
4) Sift in the spices and flour. Fold into the mixture till evenly mixture.
5) Make about 26 small walnut-sized balls from the mixture and put them on greased baking sheets. Space apart well.
6) With the prongs of a wet fork, flatten each ball.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
8) Sprinkle sugar all over and transfer the cookies to a wire rack. Let the cookies cool.
9) If you want to freeze the cookies, flash freeze first and then pack in a rigid container. Separate each layer with foil. Seal, label and store the cookies in the freezer.
10) To serve without freezing, place the cookies on a serving platter and serve as snacks, or with tea/coffee/milk. If serving frozen cookies, first thaw at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours and then serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1804 Calories from Fat 779
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 89 g137.6%
Saturated Fat 47.3 g236.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 288.6 mg96.2%
Sodium 1610.4 mg67.1%
Total Carbohydrates 236 g78.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.7%
Sugars 145.2 g
Protein 20 g40.2%
Vitamin A 45% Vitamin C 0.25%
Calcium 44.9% Iron 37.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet