|Self-raising flour||4 Ounce|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Soda bicarbonate||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Golden syrup||2 Ounce|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Into a bowl, sift together the flour, ginger and bicarbonate of soda.
3) In a pan, put the butter, sugar and syrup and gently heat till melted, occasionally stirring.
4) Let the mixture cool slightly and then pour it into the dry ingredients along with the milk.
5) Beat well to mix thoroughly.
6) Shape the mixture into 18 to 20 small balls, each the size of a walnut, and place them on greased baking sheets. Space apart well.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
8) If you wish to freeze the baked balls, first flash freeze till firm and then pack in a rigid container. Use foil to separate each layer. Seal, label and store in the freezer.
9) To serve the ginger nuts without freezing, arrange them on a decorative serving platter and then serve as a dessert or snack. If using frozen baked balls, first thaw them for 1 to 2 hours at room temperature and then serve.