|Castor sugar||4 Ounce|
|Glace cherries||2 Ounce, chopped|
|Candied angelica||2 Ounce, chopped|
|Walnuts||2 Ounce, chopped|
|Crystallized pineapple||2 Ounce, chopped|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint, whipped|
1) In a bowl, add in the egg yolks, cornflour and sugar. Beat to get a creamy mixture.
2) In a pot, heat the milk. Pour into the egg mixture slowly, while stirring continuously.
3) Transfer the mixture to a double boiler setting. Cook over low flame till the egg mixture starts to become custard like.
4) Allow to cool down slighty at room temperature before chilling in the refrigerator.
5) In a bowl, mix the cherries, candied angelica, sultanas, pineapple and walnuts along with the brandy and madeira.
6) Let the fruits and nuts marinate for 1 hour.
7) Gently fold in whipped cream into the egg custard. Fold in the marinating fruits and nuts as well. Mix well.
8) Transfer the mixture into a rigid container. Cover with a foil and seal, label and freeze it.
9) Thaw in the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
10) Serve the Bombe Noel with a dollop of cream on top.