Non Dairy Carob and Pistachio Pudding with Apricot Sauce
|Firm tofu||8 Ounce, drained|
|Carob powder||1 Ounce|
|Chopped pistachio nuts||2 Tablespoon|
|Raw cane granulated sugar||4 Ounce|
|For the apricot sauce|
|Canned apricots in natural juice||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
1) In a blender, mash the tofu until smooth.
2) To this, add the carob and most of the nuts.
3) Blend until the nuts are chopped coarsely.
4) In a glass measuring jug, stir in the sugar and 2 tablespoons of water.
5) On full power, cook for 1 minute or until the sugar is dissolved. Stir well.
6) Then, continue to cook for a minute more or until the mix starts boiling.
7) Cook again for 1 minute until a syrup forms.
8) Into the carob mix, add the syrup.
9) Into a small pie dish, spoon this mixture.
10) On full power, cook for 1 minute.
11) On top, sprinkle the reserved nuts and let cool.
12) Then, keep in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours until chilled thoroughly.
13) Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by blending the apricots and the juice with the arrowroot until smooth.
14) Into a bowl, pour this puree and on full power, cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until thick.
15) To serve, cut the pudding into wedges. Then, serve immediately with the apricot sauce.
Calories 117 Calories from Fat 25
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.6%
Saturated Fat 0.39 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1.1 mg0%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 17.6 g
Protein 4 g7%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 6% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet