|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Walnut halves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a bowl combine sugar, cinnamon, orange peel and mace.
2. Stir in milk and cook to 236° on candy thermometer (soft ball stage).
3. Remove from heat, add butter and let it stand for 2 to 3 minutes, then add vanilla and nuts.
4. Stir mixture until thick and begins to hold its shape.
5. Immediately place on waxed paper and working quickly, separate the nuts.
6. Serve the Sugared Nuts as snacks with milk or coffee.