Spiced Chestnut Stuffing
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), melted|
|Fresh chestnuts/2 pound canned chestnuts||2 Cup (32 tbs), fresh ones sliced and boiled|
|Dry bread cubes||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Parsley flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Rubbed sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Rosemary leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken seasoned stock base||1 Teaspoon, seasoned|
|Hot water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) In a skillet, saute the celery and onions in butter, until tender.
2) Then stir in the chestnuts and saute for another for 5 minutes.
3) In a large bowl, mix the bread cubes, salt, pepper, parsley flakes, sage, rosemary leaves and nutmeg together.
4) In a small bowl, dissolve the seasoned stock base in water.
5) Add to the bread mixture along with the chestnut mixture, toss until thoroughly mixed.
6) Use the Spiced Chestnut Stuffing for stuffing chicken, turkey, Cornish hens, or as required.