Christmas Cornish With Walnut Apple Stuffing
|Cornish game hens||6 (Tyson)|
|Cooked wild rice||6 Ounce (3 Cups / 1 Package)|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Walnut pieces||3 Ounce|
|Apples||2 , cored and chopped|
|Port||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Parsley flakes||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F
2. Wash hens inside and out with cold water.
3. Pat dry with paper towels.
4. Rub oil lightly over hens.
5. Season inside, out with salt, pepper and paprika.
6. Make the stuffing by combining all the ingredients in a large bowl and mixing thoroughly with hand or with a wooden spoon.
7. Divide stuffing between hens, spooning it into the cavities.
8. Tie legs together and place on rack in a roasting pan.
9. Roast the hens for 1 hour or until the internal temp reads 180 degrees on a meat thermometer. The juices should run clear when the thickest portion of the thigh is pierced.
10. Untie the legs and cut hens into halves.
11. Arrange the chickens on dinner plates and serve with watercress and gravy on the side if you like.