|Extra virgin olive oil||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , freshly juiced|
|Finely chopped fresh basil||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoon)|
|Ground pistachio nuts||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoon)|
1) In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks, then continue to whisk and gradually pour in the olive oil, until all the oil is absorbed.
2) Then whisk in the salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
3) Stir in the basil, parsley and pistachio nuts, until the sauce is smooth and thickened.
4) Store the mayonnaise covered in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
5) Use the Pistachio Mayonnaise, as required.
If the mayonnaise is about to curdle, finish making it. Then in another bowl, beat another egg yolk and gradually whisk in the curdled sauce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2728 Calories from Fat 2586
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 281 g432.1%
Saturated Fat 24.6 g122.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 555.3 mg185.1%
Sodium 436.7 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 19 g37.4%
Vitamin A 109.8% Vitamin C 145.6%
Calcium 21.7% Iron 38.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet