Christmas Nut Crescents
|Softened butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioner sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Blanched ground almonds||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1. Beat butter with 1 cup sugar until very light and creamy.
2. Beat in water and vanilla.
3. Sift flour and salt tog ether, and work into the beaten mixture in small portions, blending each in thoroughly.
4. Blend in the almonds.
5. Using a rounded tablespoon of dough for each cookie, roll portions of dough into small fat cigar shapes, then bend into crescents.
6. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
7. Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F until barely fawn. Dredge at once with remaining 1/2 cup sugar while still hot.