Chestnut Stuffing With Brandy
|Fresh chestnuts/1 1/2 pound dried chestnuts||2 Pound (900 Gram)|
|Turkey liver||500 Gram|
|Pork sausage meat||1 1⁄2 Pound (700 Gram)|
|Mixed spice||1 Pinch|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly milled|
|Butter||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
1) Slit skin on flat side of the chestnuts.
2) Preheat hot oven (400°F, 200°C or Gas No. 6).
3) Put the chestnuts in a roasting tin. Roast in batches as they peel better when hot.
4) Keep chestnuts in oven for 10 minutes until skin peels.
5) Alternately, cover dried chestnuts with cold water and soak overnight. Drain.
6) In a saucepan put chestnuts and cover with cold water.
7) Boil and simmer for 15 minutes until tender. Drain.
8) Force cooked chestnuts through the mincer. Also mince turkey liver and add to large mixing basin.
9) Mix in pork sausage meat, spice and salt and pepper.
10) In a small saucepan heat butter.
11) Add chopped onion and stir.
12) Seal with a lid and saute gently for 5 minutes until onion is soft.
13) Mix it to the stuffing ingredients. Stir in brandy and mix well.
14) Fill the mixture into the body cavity of the turkey.
15) Use this stuffing in place of savoury sausage meat stuffing.