|Vanilla wafers||1 Pound|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold coffee||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Walnuts/Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
1) Two days before serving, make fine crumbs out of the vanilla wafers.
2) In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until very smooth.
3) To this, gradually add eggs, beating 5 minutes after each one.
4) To this, add coffee and nut meats.
5) In a lightly oiled deep oblong pan or bread pan lined with wax paper, put in a layer of crumbs.
6) Top this with a layer of batter.
7) Prepare more layers with the rest of the mixture, ending with crumbs.
8) Refrigerate for 48 hours.
9) Slice and serve along with whipped cream.
Calories 559 Calories from Fat 270
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.1%
Saturated Fat 13.5 g67.7%
Trans Fat 1.6 g
Cholesterol 136.1 mg45.4%
Sodium 136.2 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 34.3 g
Protein 8 g15%
Vitamin A 9.5% Vitamin C 0.27%
Calcium 9% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet