|Vanilla wafers||1 Pound|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold coffee||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Walnuts/Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
1) Two days before serving, make fine crumbs out of the vanilla wafers.
2) In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until very smooth.
3) To this, gradually add eggs, beating 5 minutes after each one.
4) To this, add coffee and nut meats.
5) In a lightly oiled deep oblong pan or bread pan lined with wax paper, put in a layer of crumbs.
6) Top this with a layer of batter.
7) Prepare more layers with the rest of the mixture, ending with crumbs.
8) Refrigerate for 48 hours.
9) Slice and serve along with whipped cream.