|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Walnut halves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) In a medium saucepan, combine both kinds of sugar and the sour cream.
2) Over medium heat, cook, stirring, until sugar is dissolved.
3) Continue cooking, without stirring, to 238F on candy thermometer, or until a little in cold water forms a soft ball.
4) Remove from heat.
5) Add vanilla and walnuts.
6) Stir gently until all nuts are coated.
7) On a waxed paper, turn out the nuts and using a fork, speperate them.
8) Let dry.
9) Serve the sugar nuts as dessert.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2681 Calories from Fat 1291
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 153 g235.6%
Saturated Fat 25.5 g127.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59.8 mg19.9%
Sodium 96.4 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 332 g110.7%
Dietary Fiber 13.4 g53.6%
Sugars 309.8 g
Protein 33 g65.7%
Vitamin A 14% Vitamin C 6.1%
Calcium 32.4% Iron 33.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet