Honey Acorn Squash
|Acorn squash||1 1⁄2 Pound (2 Whole, 3/4 Pound Each)|
|Grated lemon peel||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) Pierce the skin of squash multiple times and arrange on an oven tray, lined with paper towel.
2) Cook on high power for 4 1/2 to 6 1/2 minutes.
3) Let the tray remain in the oven for 3 minutes.
4) Take the tray out and cut each squash in half, scooping the seeds out.
5) In a baking dish, place the squash. The cut sides should face upwards.
6) Top the squash with honey, butter and lemon.
7) Cook covered on high power for 6 to 8 minutes or until squash turns tender.
8) Let the dish remain covered in the oven for 2 minutes.
8) This can be refrigerated and used later as well.
Calories 299 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g13%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.5 mg7.2%
Sodium 12.5 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 24.7 g
Protein 3 g5.8%
Vitamin A 30% Vitamin C 63.3%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet