|Rising flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Light corn syrup||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Take 2 to 3 cookie sheets and grease thoroughly with butter.
3. Take a bowl and sift flour along with cinnamon, ginger and baking soda. Mix in sugar.
4. Take a small pan, add butter and melt it. Mix in syrup. Using a wooden spoon, mix this syrup with dry ingredients.
5. Using your hands give the dough the shape of a thick sausage. Cut into 24 equal pieces.
6. Shape the pieces into small balls and place on cookie sheets at considerable distance from each other and using your finger, flatten a little.
7. Arrange in the center of oven and bake for 15 minutes or till tops crack and nuts turn golden brown.
8. Take out, cool for few minutes, transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool well.
9. Store in airtight container till used.
10. Serve with tea.
Calories 317 Calories from Fat 37
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.5%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg3.6%
Sodium 420.5 mg17.5%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.16 g0.65%
Sugars 23.7 g
Protein 0.78 g1.6%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet