|All purpose flour||120 Gram (Plus Extra For Dusting Work Surface, 1 Cup)|
|Sugar||115 Gram (1/2 Cup)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Shelled pistachios||110 Gram (1 Cup)|
|Grated orange zest||2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C)
2. Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, pistachios and orange zest together in a large bowl. Make a well in the center. Place the eggs in the well and then fold them into the flour mixture to make a sticky dough.
3. Turn the dough out onto a clean floured surface. Divide the dough into two sections and, using your hands, roll each portion into a log approximately 1½ inches (3.75 cm) in diameter . Place the logs on a large cookie sheet lined with parchment, leaving approximately 3 inches (7.5cm) between each log to allow for spreading.
4. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove and allow to cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 275°F (135°C).
5. Remove the cookie logs from the cookie sheets and, with a sharp bread knife, cut each of the loaves into slices approximately ¼-inch (6-mm) wide. Lay the cookies on the cookie sheet, cut-side down, and return them to the oven. Bake for 20 minutes, turning the cookies once until slightly brown on the edges. Remove from the oven and cool the cookies on wire racks.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1213 Calories from Fat 499
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.5%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 536 mg22.3%
Total Carbohydrates 150 g50.1%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.6%
Sugars 124.1 g
Protein 35 g70.8%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 31.8%
Calcium 55.6% Iron 39.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet