Brazil Nut Sugar Cookies
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sifted flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Brazil nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
1) In a bowl, combine butter and sugar and beat well till light and fluffy.
2) Add in the eggs and vanilla and blend well.
3) Combine and sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.
4) Add into the creamed mix and blend well.
5) Refrigerate for about 1/2 hour.
6) Lightly flour a board and roll out the dough to a 1/8 inch thickness.
7) Using a star-shaped cookie cutter, cut the dough.
8) In the center of each cookie, press in a Brazil nut slice.
9) Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet.
10) Place in the oven at 350°F and bake for about 12 minutes.
11) Serve as a tea time snack.