Seasoned Chestnut Stuffing
|Water chestnuts in water||440 Gram, drained and chopped (1 Can)|
|Brown breadcrumbs||100 Gram (Fresh Ones)|
|Finely grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 Large, beaten|
|Onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a bowl, put the chestnuts along with the breadcrumbs, lemon rind and beaten egg.
2) In a small pan, melt the butter and add the onion. Gently cook for about 10 minutes or till the onion has softened.
3) Add the onion to the bowl with the seasoning. Mix well.
4) To freeze the preparation, turn it into a polythene bag, seal, label and store in the freezer.
5) Thaw before serving in the refrigerator overnight. Use to stuff a turkey.