Hazelnut Crinkle Cookies
|Chopped hazelnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chocolate hazelnut spread||13 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Finely chopped hazelnuts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sifted powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F before baking.
2. Lightly grease 2-3 cookie sheets with oil or butter.
3. Scatter the chopped hazelnuts on a baking tray and toast them for about 10 minutes in the oven, sautéing occasionally until the nuts give out their aroma.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the chocolate-hazelnut spread and shortening and beat with an electric mixer until creamy.
5. Gradually add 1 1/3 cups sugar, beating until light and creamy.
6. Add eggs one at a time, beating until well blended into the creamed mixture.
7. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.
8. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture in batches, alternately with milk and vanilla, beating at low speed to make dough.
9. Mix in the toasted hazel nuts.
10. Divide the dough into equal portions (2 tablespoons each) and roll into walnut size balls.
11. Roll them in a bowl of remaining hazelnuts and sugar
12. Arrange them on cookie sheets keeping 2 inch space between each.
13. Bake cookies in a preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden and firm
14. Remove from oven and cool cookies slightly on baking sheets then slide them onto wire racks to cool completely.
15. Serve the cookies with tea or coffee or wrap and include in your holiday gift hampers.
Freeze dough in freezer friendly container for up to 1 month, if desired.
Store baked cookies in air tight container in a cool dry place.