|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (Toasted)|
|Milk chocolate bars||9 Ounce, melted|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped (Blanched , Toasted)|
1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter and then add sugar, corn syrup and 3 tablespoons water and cook on low heat. Stir occasionally while using a candy thermometer to cook to hard crack stage or 300 degrees on candy thermometer.
2. Pour in the coarsely chopped almonds quickly and then spread candy in ungreased 13 by 9 1/2 by 2-inch pan. Cool thoroughly.
3. Turn out the mixture on to the waxed paper. Cover the candy with half the chocolate over almond mixture.
4. Sprinkle the rest of the finely chopped almonds and then cover with waxed paper and invert the pan.
5. Spread remaining chocolate over almond mixture and sprinkle with remaining almonds.
6. Chill until chocolate is firm; break into pieces.
7. Serve as a snack
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5698 Calories from Fat 3468
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 400 g614.6%
Saturated Fat 173.5 g867.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 542.5 mg180.8%
Sodium 252.4 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 492 g164%
Dietary Fiber 43.6 g174.3%
Sugars 413.1 g
Protein 82 g164.2%
Vitamin A 122.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 129.7% Iron 93.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet