|Boiled potatoes/1 packet instant potato, made up||1 1⁄2 Pound, mashed|
|Broken walnuts||4 Ounce|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Dried milk||1 Ounce (1 Heaped Tablespoon)|
|Desiccated coconut/Rolled oats / wheat germ||2 Ounce|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (Little Required)|
|Lemon slices||2 (Few Slices)|
|Watercress sprigs||2 (Few Sprigs)|
1) In a pan, mix together potatoes with butter, walnuts, curry powder, egg and milk.
2) With a wooden spoon, beat the mixture well and add enough fresh milk to make a smooth, but a stiff mixture.
3) Let cool and divide the mixture into 8 portions.
4) Coat the portions with 2 oz. desiccated coconut, rolled oats or wheatgerm and mould into flat oblongs of 1/2-inch thickness.
5) Brown gently in hot oil on both sides and drain the excess oil.
6) Arrange croquettes on a hot dish and garnish with lemon slices and sprigs of cress. Serve separately any sauce of your choice, preferably a mushroom sauce or celery sauce as an accompaniment.
Calories 270 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.3%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.5 mg12.5%
Sodium 86.8 mg3.6%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.7%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 7 g14.5%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 10.7%
Calcium 9% Iron 34.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet