|Boiled potatoes/1 packet instant potato, made up||1 1⁄2 Pound, mashed|
|Broken walnuts||4 Ounce|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Dried milk||1 Ounce (1 Heaped Tablespoon)|
|Desiccated coconut/Rolled oats / wheat germ||2 Ounce|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (Little Required)|
|Lemon slices||2 (Few Slices)|
|Watercress sprigs||2 (Few Sprigs)|
1) In a pan, mix together potatoes with butter, walnuts, curry powder, egg and milk.
2) With a wooden spoon, beat the mixture well and add enough fresh milk to make a smooth, but a stiff mixture.
3) Let cool and divide the mixture into 8 portions.
4) Coat the portions with 2 oz. desiccated coconut, rolled oats or wheatgerm and mould into flat oblongs of 1/2-inch thickness.
5) Brown gently in hot oil on both sides and drain the excess oil.
6) Arrange croquettes on a hot dish and garnish with lemon slices and sprigs of cress. Serve separately any sauce of your choice, preferably a mushroom sauce or celery sauce as an accompaniment.