Chocolate And Pistachio Gateau
|Flour||200 Gram, sifted|
|Dark chocolate||200 Gram|
|Castor sugar||200 Gram|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Pistachio nuts||50 Gram, blanched|
|Chocolate butter cream||250 Gram|
|Chocolate glace icing||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dark chocolate||50 Gram, melted|
|Icing sugar||350 Gram|
|Pistachio nuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), blanched|
1)Preheat the oven to 380 degree F and prepare cake tin.
2)Sift flour with salt and keep it aside.
3)Over a double boiler, break chocolate into pieces and add 4 tbsp brandy.
4) Let the chocolate melt, stirring occassionally until velvet smooth
5)In the mean time, cream butter and sugar till soft and light.
6)Beat egg yolks and add to creamed butter a little at a time and blend in.
7) Blend in the melted chocolate.
8)Lighly fold in flour, pistachio nuts and 2 tbsp brandy
9)Whisk egg whites and fold into batter to lighten it.
10) Pour batter into the cake tin and bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes until springy to touch and skewer comes out clean.
11) Remove from oven, rest for 5 minutesi in tin then invert and cool completely on a wire rack.
11)Prepare the frosting by beating all melted chocolate, icing sugar, salt and syrup to get a thick smooth mixture.
12) Frost the cake using a palette knife and chill until ready to serve.
13)Serve cake slices garnished with the chopped pistachios.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 9542 Calories from Fat 3706
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 425 g653.3%
Saturated Fat 182.9 g914.6%
Trans Fat 7.5 g
Cholesterol 1084.5 mg361.5%
Sodium 1544.1 mg64.3%
Total Carbohydrates 1317 g439.1%
Dietary Fiber 47.1 g188.2%
Sugars 904.3 g
Protein 102 g203.5%
Vitamin A 143% Vitamin C 19.5%
Calcium 59.3% Iron 240.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet