Rhubarb Nut Cookies
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped rhubarb||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven moderately to 375°F (190°C).
2) Grease cookie sheets lightly with butter.
3) For the Electric Mixer Method cream butter in a bowl.
4) Beat sugar and cream together till fluffy.
5) Continue beating and add egg and vanilla extract.
6) In a large bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together.
7) Blend to the creamed mixture and beat till smooth.
8) On the chopped rhubarb dash one tablespoon (15 ml) of granulated sugar.
9) Mix rhubarb and nuts to the dough and blend well.
10) For the Food Processor Method, begin with creaming butter using the appropriate blade.
11) Mix sugar and blend till fluffy.
12) While the processor is running add egg and vanilla extract and process well.
13) In a medium bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together.
14) Add the batter to workbowl one half at a time and process.
15) On the chopped rhubarb dash one tablespoon (15 ml) of granulated sugar.
16) Add rhubarb and nuts to the workbowl and pulse till blended into dough.
17) On the cookies sheets drop one tablespoons of the batter at a time.
18) Put in preheated oven to bake for 13-15 minutes till golden.
19) Place in wire racks and cool.
20) Serve as a snack with any hot beverage.