Pork With Pistachio Nuts
|Loin pork||5 Pound|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||4 Teaspoon|
|Shelled pistachio nuts||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Buy pork atleast 2 -3 days before the preparation with bones separated. Buy the bones along with it.
3. Combine salt, brown sugar and saltpeter and rub it on the pork. Particularly on the boned side.
4. Arrange the boned side of pork on deep dish wrap it with foil and refrigerate it for about 2-3 days.
5. Take out the meat on the day you aspire to cook it and rub it dry using a clean cloth.
6. Use sharp knife to make small incisions in the fatty part and stuff the shelled pistachio nuts into it.
7. Spray lots of freshly ground black pepper over the meat and roll it neatly and fasten it with string.
8. Take a deep ovenproof pot and see to it that the meat fits snugly into it with the bones sticking around the sides.
9. Add water and dry white wine.
10. Add some more water if the meat does not fit into the dish tightly.
11. Cook for about half an hour at 350°F until the fat gets colored.
12. Wrap the dish with double layer of aluminum foil and continue to cook for another 2 hours by reducing the temperature to 300°F. When the meat is cooked discard the bones and allow the meat to cool in the juice, which will set like a jelly.
13. Finely chop the jelly.
14. To serve the fat, scrape it out from the top and add it to a serving dish.
15. Slice the cold pork into 1/4-inch-thick and spread it over a dish which is set with a chopped jelly.
16. Serve it with a dish of pork fat or whole wheat bread.