Nut And Potato Croquettes
|Potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), riced|
|Cream/Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a wide bowl, add in riced potatoes, cream, salt, pepper, cayenne, egg yolk, baking powder and pecan nut meats. Mix till all ingredients have become light and well blended.
2) In a small bowl, whisk an egg with some cold water..
3) Shape the mixture into croquettes.
4) Roll the croquettes in bread crumbs.
5) Dip them in the beaten egg and roll in the bread crumbs again.
6) Heat oil in a frying pan.
7) Then, deep fry till they turn brown. Remove from oil and drain on unglazed paper.
8) Serve immediately.