Baked Mushroom Caps Stuffed With Hazelnuts
|Mushrooms||24 Medium, wiped clean|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened to room temperature|
|Finely chopped hazelnuts/Pecans||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), unblanched|
|Minced chives||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Cracker meal||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1. Stem the mushrooms and place caps in a bowl and keep aside.
2. Finely chop the stems.
3. Preheat the oven to 300° F.
4. Mix chopped stems with all remaining ingredients except milk.
5. Spoon this filling into each mushroom cap, stuffing them up to capacity.
6. Arrange the mushrooms in a baking dish
7. Pour in milk
8. Bake, in the preheated oven for 1 hour, spooning the milk over the mushrooms frequently, to keep the mushrooms moist.
9. Use a slotted spoon to lift out the mushrooms from milk.
10. Use mushrooms to garnish a roast or steak platter or serve hot as a side dish, spooning the milk over each serving.