Spinach Beet Green And Pine Nut Stuffing
|Beet greens||3 Cup (48 tbs), stemmed and chopped|
|Spinach||2 Pound, stemmed, chopped|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Turkey/Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Unsalted)|
|Golden raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onions||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Chopped thyme/1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Pine nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a large stock pot, bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil.
2. To the boiling water, add the beet greens, spinach and parsley.
3. Close the pot and steam for about 4 minutes or until the greens are wilted
4. Drain in a colander and refresh the greens in chilled water to prevent discolorization.
5. Squeeze out all excess moisture using a kitchen towel. Keep aside in a bowl.
6. In a heavy saucepan, bring the stock to a boil and reduce it to about 1/3 cup.
7. Take off the flame.
8. Add the raisins and set aside to plump.
9. In a heavy-bottomed skillet, melt the butter.
10. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes.
11. Further, add the garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and sauté for 5 minutes until the onions are soft and translucent.
12. Stir in the raisins and the stock.
13. Take saucepan off the flame and allow it to cool.
14. In a large mixing bowl, combine the blanched greens, the onion mixture, pine nuts, lemon juice and brandy.
15. Mix in the bread crumbs.
16. Allow the stuffing to cool before using.