Apricot And Pistachio Pavlova
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|White wine vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Egg whites||5 Large|
|Caster sugar||300 Gram|
|Shelled pistachio nuts||50 Gram, roughly chopped|
|Ripe apricots||650 Gram|
|Icing sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||568 Milliliter (1 Tub)|
1. Preheat the oven to fan 120C
2. Line a baking sheet with non-stick parchment paper.
To make the meringue
3. In a small bowl, blend the cornflour, vanilla extract and vinegar to a smooth paste.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until foamy.
5. Gradually add sugar a little at a time, whisking continuously until thick and stiff.
6. Whisk in the cornflour paste and blend well.
7. Turn the meringue mixture onto the baking sheet and lightly spread using a palette knife to make a 9-inch circle
8. Make fold and peaks by swirling the edges with the back of a spoon
9. Scatter half the pistachios on it
10. Bake for 1 hour, until crisp and dry
11. Turn off the oven and keep the door ajar leaving the pavlova to cool completely before removing.
To make the apricot puree
12. Stone the apricots
13. Reserve 450g of the apricots and roughly chop the rest.
14. Place chopped apricots in a blender and puree into a smooth consistency.
15. Strain thoug a sieve scraping the pulp with a metal spoon
16. Add Cointreau and 3 tbsp or more of the icing sugar to the puree.
17. Pour into a sauceboat.
18. Spoon lightly whipped cream on the pavlova
19. Halve the reserved apricots and cut into 4-6 wedges. Scatter them on the whipped cream
20. Sprinkle remaining pistachios.
21. Dust with icing sugar
22. Serve with the apricot in sauce boat.