Stuffed Onions with Pine Nuts
|Onions||4 Medium, peeled|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and crushed|
|White breadcrumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Sultanas||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Pine nuts||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Low fat hard cheese||2 Ounce, grated (50 Gram Such As Edam)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 Medium, beaten|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 400°F/Gas Mark 6. Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the onions and cook gently for about 15 minutes.
2. Drain well. Allow the onions to cool, then slice each one in half horizontally.
3. Scoop out most of the onion flesh but leave a reasonably firm shell.
4. Chop up 4 tablespoons of the onion flesh and place in a bowl with the crushed garlic, breadcrumbs, sultanas, pine nuts, grated cheese and parsley.
5. Mix the breadcrumb mixture together thoroughly. Bind together with as much of the beaten egg as necessary to make a firm filling. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Pile the mixture back into the onion shells and top with the grated cheese. Place on a oiled baking tray and cook in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately with the salad leaves.