|Sifted regular all purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Start heating oven to 325Â°F.
2. Sift flour with salt and baking soda.
3. With hand beater or mixer, beat egg until foamy. Add brown sugar and vanilla; beat well. Stir in flour mixture, then walnuts. With spatula, spread mixture in well-greased 8-by-8-by-2-inch pan.
4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until top has dull crust.
5. While still warm, cut into 16 2-inch squares; cool completely before removing from pan.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1941 Calories from Fat 709
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g122%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 1274.7 mg53.1%
Total Carbohydrates 282 g93.9%
Dietary Fiber 13.3 g53.3%
Sugars 220.2 g
Protein 32 g64.8%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 30.2% Iron 51.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet