Sugar and Spice Nuts
|Pecan halves||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unblanched almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnut halves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole filberts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange||1 , grated rind|
1. Preheat oven to 275°F (150°C).
2. In a large bowl, combine pecans, almonds, walnuts and filberts.
3. In a mixer bowl, beat egg white and water 2 minutes, until foamy. Add sugar, salt, cinnamon, coriander, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and orange rind. Fold egg mixture into nuts.
4. Arrange on a large baking sheet and bake, turning occasionally, for 45 minutes, until brown and crisp. Cool.
5. Store in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.