Spinach Nut Ring
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , seeded and diced|
|Cooked drained spinach||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||3 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Heat the oil and saute the onion until tender. Add the celery and green pepper and cook for 2 minutes longer. Mix in the spinach.
3. Stir in the remaining ingredients, with the exception of the wheat germ.
4. Oil a 1-quart ring mold and sprinkle with the wheat germ to give it an even coating.
5. Pour in the spinach mixture. Set the mold in a pan of hot water and bake for 40 minutes, or until set.