Creamy Peking Dust
|Water||500 Milliliter (to cover)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Score chestnuts by making a crisscross cut on the flat side of each one.
2. Bring water to a boil. Add chestnuts and cook until soft Drain, let cool and shell.
3. Mince or grind chestnut meats; then blend in sugar and salt. Shape the mixture as a mound on a serving platter.
4. Whip cream Then fold in powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Arrange as a topping over chestnut mound.
5. Serve garnished with either preserved kumquats or maraschino cherries; or with glazed fruit, which must be prepared in advance