Broccoli Noodle dishes are prepared by combining noodles with broccoli, the other ingredients used in the preparation being herbs, meat, and spices. There are several versions of this dish all over the world and the recipevaries considerably. Broccoli noodle is commonly prepared in most European and American households.This delectable dish is best consumed during winter time.
Ingredients Used and Preparation Broccoli Noodles
Usually, the broccoli is cleaned and blanched in boiling salted water. The cooked florets are then added to the boiled noodles along with flavoring ingredients like red chilli flakes, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, parsley, oregano and thyme. There are also several recipes that use instant noodles, whole wheat noodles, soba noodles, pasta and gluten-free noodles combined with blanched or shredded broccoli to make a stir-fry. The main ingredients used to make this dish include broccoli, wide noodles, thyme and mushrooms. Often this dish is garnished with pepper to make it a little spicy.
Serving and Eating
Broccoli Noodle dishes are served as small meals or as snacks. These noodles are best suited for a light weekday meal and the dish goes particularly well with miso- based dishes and fish dishes.
Popular Broccoli Noodles Recipe Variations
- Soba Noodles with Broccoli Sauce is a very popular light dish that is ideal for summer. Soba noodles are added to a broccoli sauce made with shredded broccoli, soy sauce, sake, sugar, black pepper, garlic and ginger. A meat version can be made by adding beef strips, chicken and turkey strips to the basic dish.
- Rice Noodles with Broccoli and Tofu are another ideal alternative dish for dieters. Rice noodles are mixed into a peanut sauce made with garlic, pepper, jalapeno peppers, ginger, broccoli florets and soy sauce. Tofu may be added to the dish according to personal preferences.
- Broccoli & Noodle Kugel is a simple dish made with thin noodles that are boiled. The noodles and broccoli are then added to an egg, cream, and cheese mixture along with a range of spices and herbs. The mixture is then baked to make a version of a vegetarian cake.
- Instant chilled salad- the frist step of preparation of this salad involves crushing a pack of instant noodles and placing the dry bits in a bowl. Blanched broccoli is then shredded and added to the crushed noodle bits. The whole mixture is then dressed with a mixture of instant seasoning provided in the noodle packet, soy sauce, sesame oil, chillies, white vinegar, sugar and salt. The salad is chilled for two hours and then served cold.
- A more complex version of broccoli noodles uses kelp noodles that are dressed with broccoli, sunflower seed, parsley, olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, sea salt, black pepper and cashew paste paste. Kelp noodles are gluten-free and provided raw for vegan and health conscious consumers.
The taste of the dish varies according to the noodles that are used. Broccoli noodles are high on vitamins, dietary fibers and sodium. This dish is best suited for regular consumption by people from all age groups, especiallychildren and elderly people. It is low on fats and cholesterol.