Oriental Hiyashi Chuka Noodles
|Hiyashi chuka noodles||16 Ounce (2 bags)|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Potato starch||1 Teaspoon|
|Broccoli sprouts||10 Ounce|
|Frozen boiled shrimps||6|
|Toasted white sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|For lemon soy sauce|
|Hot water||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100 milliliter)|
|Torigara soup base||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Powdered Chicken Soup Base)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Karashi||To Taste (Japanese Hot Mustard)|
|For sesame sauce|
|Sesame paste||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 3⁄4 Fluid Ounce (50 milliliter)|
|Chopped ginger||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Doubanjiang||1 Tablespoon (Chinese Spicy Bean Paste, adjust quantity as needed)|
LEMON SOY SAUCE DIRECTION
1. Put the chicken soup base in a bowl and dissolve in hot water to it.
2. Stir brown sugar until dissolved.
3. Add soy sauce and vinegar to the mixture.
4. To get most of the juice out of the lemon, roll it on the chopping board while pressing down.
5. Cut the lemon and squeeze.
6. Measure and add lemon juice and sesame oil to the mixture.
7. Stir lightly and let the sauce sit in the fridge.
1. Chop the green onion into half and chop into fine pieces.
2. Slice the ginger, chop the slices into fine strips and chop them into fine pieces.
3. Put sesame paste and brown sugar in a bowl and mix.
4. Add soy sauce and stir until evenly mixed.
5. Add vinegar and water to the mixture.
6. Put the chopped spring onion, ginger, sesame oil and doubanjiang, mix and let the sauce sit in the fridge.
1. Crack the egg in a bowl.
2. Add salt, water and potato starch and mix thoroughly.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan. Check if the surface is hot enough.
4. Pour half of the mixture and spread it quickly.
5. Turn off the burner and quickly flip the omelet with a chop stick.
6. Cook the other side and place it over a chopping board.
7. Repeat the process and pile up each on top of the other.
8. Cut the omelets on half and chop them in fine strips.
PREPARE OTHER INGREDIENTS
1. Cut the tomato into half, chop the stem and cut into 6 wedges.
2. Chop the ham slices into thin strips.
3. Chop the ends of the cucumber and cut into 3 inch pieces.
4. Cut the cucumber into thin slices and chop them into fine strips.
5. Remove the root part of broccoli sprouts.
6. Rinse in water, pour water over it and drain with a wired sieve.
7. Dry the sprouts over paper towel.
8. Put the noodles in a large pot of boiling water.
9. When the water starts to boil, reduce the heat to low.
10. Follow the direction on the noodle pack for cooking time.
11. Turn off the burner, take the noodles to the sink and rinse under running water.
12. Let the noodles cool in ice water. Put the noodles in a wired sieve and squeeze out excess water.
13. Put the noodles in a bowl. Put sesame oil, put the broccoli sprout and toss to quote evenly.
14. Serve the noodles in a plate.
15. Garnish the hiyashi chukka with fried egg, ham, cucumber, tomato and boiled shrimps.
16. Finally top with white sesame seeds.
17. Mix Japanese mustard in lemon soy sauce and drizzle over the dish.
18. You can also choose sesame sauce over lemon soy sauce if you like.
19. Make sure the sauce is chilled before serving.