Easy Chop Suey
|Noodles||500 Gram (Cooked as per instructions on the pack)|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste (For the chicken)|
|For the gravy|
|Soy sauce||50 Milliliter|
|Chili sauce||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Maida||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|For the topping|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cabbage||100 Gram, shredded long|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Beans||100 Gram, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Carrot||1 Medium, julienned|
|Boneless chicken pieces||250 Gram, cut into bite size pieces (Cooked / boiled)|
|Green onions||50 Gram, chopped|
|Celery stalks||2 Medium, chopped|
|Eggs||2 Medium, fried (1 egg per serving)|
1. In a pot cook the noodles as per the instructions on the packet
2. In a separate pot cook the chicken with a little salt and pepper to taste and set aside once done.
3. Take a pan and add all the ingredients for the gravy. Mix well so that there are no lumps formed and stir on medium heat till the gravy simmers and thickens to the desired consistency and set aside.
4. In a skillet, heated on high with a couple of tablespoons of oil, add all the vegetables for the topping and fry stirring continuously. Add ajinomotto and salt to taste. Then add the boiled chicken that is cut into bite sized pieces. Stir on high heat for 5 minutes and turn off the heat.
5. To the above vegetable and chicken mix add the prepared gravy and combine well. The topping is now ready.
6. Take a small bowl or a mold, fill it with the boiled noodles and press it tightly with another similar bowl so that the noodles take the shape of the mold.
7. Gently remove the molded noodles into a pan heated with olive oil and fry the molded noodles for a couple of minutes flipping sides.
8. Plate the fried noodles and spoon the vegetable and chicken topping over it. Place a fried egg over the topping (1 egg per serving).
9. Garnish with chopped green onions.
10. Serve warm.