Singapore Street Noodles
|Rice noodles||6 Ounce, cooked according to the package instructions|
|Shrimp||8 Ounce, peeled and deveined|
|Chicken breast||6 Ounce, cut into bite sized pieces|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon (2 tbsp. for noodles and remaining for the sauce)|
|Cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Carrot||1 , thinly sliced|
|Shallot||1 , thinly sliced|
|Roma tomato||1 , cut into bite sized pieces|
|Scallions||2 , chopped (1 1/2 tbsp. for the noodles and 1/2 tbsp. for garnish)|
|Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Dark brown sugar||2 Tablespoon (FOR THE SAUCE)|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon (FOR THE SAUCE)|
|Sriracha sauce||1 Tablespoon (FOR THE SAUCE)|
|Rice wine vinegar/Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon (FOR THE SAUCE)|
|Lime wedges||5 (to garnish)|
1. Stir together all of the sauce ingredients and set it aside.
2. Toss the chicken with one clove of minced garlic and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
3. Toss the shrimp with the other clove of minced garlic and tablespoon of soy sauce.
4. In a large nonstick skillet over a medium high heat 1 tablespoon of oil and sauté the chicken, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes.
5. Add the shrimp and sauté for about 2 minutes on the first side and a minute on the second side.
6. Remove the shrimp and chicken from the pan and set it aside.
7. Add the other tablespoon of peanut oil and all of the veggies to the pan, sauté for 2 minutes.
8. Slide the cooked shrimp and chicken back to the pan, stir for few minutes.
9. Add in cooked noodles to the pan, pour over the sauce then toss everything together until it is well coated and heated through.
10. Garnish with the lime wedges and chopped scallions and serve.
If you are following a gluten free diet, be sure to use gluten free noodles and soy sauce. Also be sure to check the labels of all of the ingredients used in the sauce for gluten containing ingredients.
Calories 428 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.2%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.8 mg36.9%
Sodium 1125.7 mg46.9%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.7%
Sugars 12.6 g
Protein 27 g53.3%
Vitamin A 64.9% Vitamin C 41.6%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 21.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet