Here's another video from our 20-10-2 series. Chicken Lo Mein featuring fresh ginger and locally grown organic garlic from Bessie's Farm Stand.
Egg noodles/Ramen noodles
1 Teaspoon, minced
4 Medium, minced
Baby portabella mushrooms
5 Medium, quartered
2 Medium, cut diagonally
4 Medium, cut diagonally
1 Medium, cut diagonally
1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped
1 Tablespoon (as required)
1. In a saucepan boil water and add the noodles into it and boil for 5 minutes.
2. Preheat a cast iron wok and drizzle a tablespoon of oil into it.
3. Add ginger and garlic and stir fry.
4. Put in the chicken and mix well.
5. Add the carrots and cook well.
6. Pour some soy sauce over it and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
7. Put in the mushrooms and stirfry.
8. Put in the bok choy and stir.
9. Add the scallions and cook until done.
10. Strain the noodles from the water and transfer into a bowl.
11. Spoon the stir fried chicken above it.
Chinese noodles, chicken and vegetables flavored with soy sauce makes for a quick, one wok meal for a busy work night or a lazy weekend afternoon. This is a meal that the whole family will enjoy and you will surely not hear any "not again" at the table!