Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
|Water||12 Cup (192 tbs)|
|Whole chicken breasts||2 , skinned & split|
|Celery stalks||2 , chopped (with leaves)|
|Green onions||7 , chopped (scallions, with stems and tops)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Carrots||2 Medium, sliced|
|Cooked egg noodles||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Plain low fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Take a large pot and place all the ingredients in it except the yogurt and egg noodles. Bring the mixture to a boil.
2) Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for about 2-3 hours or until chicken turns tender. Add more water, if required.
3) In the meanwhile, remove bones from chicken and cut into bite-size pieces.
4) Return chicken to pot along with the egg noodles.
5) Simmer for about 20-30 minutes or until noodles absorb the flavor of chicken.
6) Remove from heat and stir in yogurt. Blend nicely.
7) Spoon out the soup in individual bowls and serve immediately.