Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
|Water||12 Cup (192 tbs)|
|Whole chicken breasts||2 , skinned & split|
|Celery stalks||2 , chopped (with leaves)|
|Green onions||7 , chopped (scallions, with stems and tops)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Carrots||2 Medium, sliced|
|Cooked egg noodles||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Plain low fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Take a large pot and place all the ingredients in it except the yogurt and egg noodles. Bring the mixture to a boil.
2) Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for about 2-3 hours or until chicken turns tender. Add more water, if required.
3) In the meanwhile, remove bones from chicken and cut into bite-size pieces.
4) Return chicken to pot along with the egg noodles.
5) Simmer for about 20-30 minutes or until noodles absorb the flavor of chicken.
6) Remove from heat and stir in yogurt. Blend nicely.
7) Spoon out the soup in individual bowls and serve immediately.
Calories 181 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.2%
Saturated Fat 0.67 g3.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 44 mg14.7%
Sodium 52 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 13 g25.2%
Vitamin A 40.9% Vitamin C 10.7%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet