Pork with Noodles
|Pork steaks||12 Ounce (British, thin strips)|
|Cooked ham||2 Ounce, diced (British, 50 g)|
|Dark soy sauce||1 Tablespoon (15 ml)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Dried egg noodles||4 Ounce (100 g)|
|Oil||2 Teaspoon (10 ml)|
|Carrot||1 , cut into thin strips|
|Spring onions||1⁄4 Pound, fine chopped (1 bunch)|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 Ounce, drained and cut in halves (1 can, 227 g)|
|Mangetout||2 Ounce, trimmed, in halved and thawed (50 g)|
|Light soy sauce||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon (5 ml)|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (5 ml)|
1. In a mixing bowl add garlic and soy sauce. Mix well.
2. Combine pork strips. Stir to coat all the strips evenly.
3. Cover the pan and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
4. In another pan cook the noodles as per the instructions. Drain excess water.
5. In a wok heat oil. Add pork strips and fry them, stiring well till the strips are browned.
6. Mix spring onions, mangetout, peas, ham and carrots.
7. Fry for 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
8. Mix noodles and rest of the ingredients.
9. Stir and cook well.
10. Serve pork with noodles immediately.