Chicken and Noodle Potpie
|Roasting chicken||5 Pound, cut up|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Stalk celery||1 , cut in 1 1/2 inch pieces|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Saffron threads||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, pared and sliced 1/4 inch thick to make about 2 pounds|
|Carrots||3 , pared and cut in 1 -inch pieces|
|Sliced onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (Use As Needed)|
1) Clean chicken pieces with damp paper towels.
2) Take a 6-quart Dutch oven and add chicken with 6 cups water. Add celery, peppercorns, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and the saffron and bring to a boil.
3) Then, lower heat, cover and simmer for an hour. Separate the pieces and keep aside the broth.
4) Separate meat from bones in large pieces and discard bones.
5) Mix broth, potato, carrot and onion. Bring to a boil and then cover it. Simmer until potato and carrot are tender. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon.
6) To make noodles- Take a medium bowl, and add flour, butter and salt. Mix it with fork, make a well in center and add egg and water. Beat until combined.
7) On a lightly floured pastry cloth or surface, roll the dough 1/8 inch thick. Using a sharp knife or pastry wheel, cut it into strips 4 inches long and 2 inches wide. Cut in half to make 2-inch squares.
8) Add these noodles to boiling broth. Boil, uncovered and until tender. Keep stirring frequently.
9) Stir in reserved chicken pieces and vegetables to broth and simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Calories 886 Calories from Fat 488
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.4%
Saturated Fat 16.1 g80.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 271.3 mg90.4%
Sodium 954.8 mg39.8%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 61 g121.7%
Vitamin A 105.4% Vitamin C 46.8%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 30.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet