Toasted Cashew Stir Fry With Noodles
|Cashew pieces||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Sunflower seeds||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Sunflower oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|French beans||8 Ounce, sliced (225 Gram)|
|Celery sticks||3 , sliced|
|Mooli||4 Ounce, diced (125 Gram)|
|Carrots||2 , diced|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce, wiped and quartered (225 Gram)|
|Bean sprouts||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|For the sauce:|
|Vegetable stock||5 Fluid Ounce (150 Milliliter)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Concentrated apple juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Chinese 5 spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole meal noodles||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
1. Combine seeds and nuts in a bowl, and microwave them for 4 minutes until they get toasted. Alternatively they can be toasted in conventional oven at gas mark 6,400°F (200°C) for about 5-7 minutes. Check the seeds and nuts at set intervals to avoid burning.
2. Stir in 2 tsp of shoyu into the toasted nuts and microwave them for half a minute or cook in conventional oven for 2 minutes. Allow the mixture to cool.
3. In the meanwhile, clean and prepare all other vegetables, and keep garlic and oil ready.
4. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
5. Take a large frying pan or wok, heat oil, and saute garlic, celery, beans, carrots and mooli for about 4 by stirring continuosly.
6. Stir in beansprouts and mushrooms and saute for another 2 minutes.
7. Spoon the mushroom mixture over the sauce, stir it well and simmer for about 1-3 minutes until the sauce thickens and gets coated around vegetables.
8. Stir in toasted seeds and nuts and blend well.
9. For cooking noodles - boil a large pan of salted water and stir in noodles, and cook for 3-4 minutes until noodles get soft. Drain well before serving.
10. Serve the toasted stir fry with noodles.