Chicken Egg Noodle Soup
|Chicken||5 Pound, quartered|
|Cold water||16 Cup (256 tbs)|
|Onion||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed|
|Celery||4 , chopped|
|Carrot||2 , peeled and chopped|
|Parsnip||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Turnip||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Pepper white||2 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||2 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg noodles||3⁄4 Pound|
1. In a large stock pot place the chicken pieces and cover with the cold water. Bring to a boil.
2. Skim the surface of the broth with a large spoon to remove the scum.
3. Add the onion, garlic, celery, carrot, parsnip, turnip, bay leaf, dill sprigs, and white pepper.
4. Mix well and lower the heat to a simmer.
5. Simmer for 4 hours and skim the surface to remove the scum occassionally.
6. Strain the soup into your serving dish to remove the chicken and vegetables. Remove the skin and bones from the chicken and add to the soup.
7. In a separate large stock pot bring the water and salt to a boil. Add the egg noodles and boil for 8 minutes. Remove and strain the noodles.
8. Add the noodles to the finished soup. Add kosher salt to taste. Stir and serve.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com