Veal Chops and Parisian Noodles
|Noodles||3 Cup (48 tbs), uncooked|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||4 Ounce (1 can)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Instant chicken broth/2 chicken bouillon cubes||2 Tablespoon (2 envelopes)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Veal chops||4 , cut 3/4 inch thick (rib or loin)|
|Seasoned salt||To Taste|
|Pimiento||1⁄2 , cut in thin strips|
1) Add noodles in boiling unsalted water and cook as per directions on label. Drain and place back in kettle.
2) Drain the liquid from the mushrooms into a 2-cup measure.
3) Stir in the milk along with enough water to make 1 1/4 cups. Keep aside the mushroom slices for later use.
4) In a pan, add the liquid into the flour and stir till a smooth sauce is formed.
5) Add in the chicken broth or bouillon cubes. Stir well.
6) Stir constantly and cook till the sauce thickens and boils for 1 minute.
7) Stir in the lemon juice.
8) Pour mixture over noodles and sprinkle with parsley.
9) Toss well and keep hot.
10) Lightly sprinkle chops with seasoned salt and place on rack in broiler pan.
11) Keeping 4 to 6 inches away from heat, broil for 8 minutes on each side till the meat is tender.
12) On each of 4 kebab sticks, thread 4 mushroom slices and a strip of pimiento.
13) Arrange chops and noodles on serving plates and pierce the kebabs into the chops.