Beef Vegetable Noodle Soup
|Beef shanks with bones||2 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Carrots||2 , cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Celery stalk with leaves||2 , sliced|
|Leek/3 scallions||1 , sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), Defrosted|
|Egg noodles||6 Ounce, cooked according to package directions and drained|
1) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and brown the beef shank bones.
2) Transfer the meat in a slow cooker.
3) Pour off the excess fat from the pan.
4) In the same non-stick pan, pour in ½ cup of water and boil stirring continuously to scrape the browned bits.
5) Pour the bits to the meat along with the remaining water, tomatoes, carrots, celery, leeks, garlic, potatoes and salt.
6) Put the lid on and simmer for 8 hours.
7) Take the meat out of the soup and chop the meat.
8) Return the chopped meat to the soup with the peas.
9) Raise the heat, put the lid and allow to cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
10) Stir in the cooked noodles heat for 3 minutes and remove form the heat.
11) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley.
Calories 806 Calories from Fat 290
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.1%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 135.5 mg45.2%
Sodium 1108.9 mg46.2%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 9 g36%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 59 g118.6%
Vitamin A 148.8% Vitamin C 70.1%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 53.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet