Green Noodles Romana
|Green noodles||1⁄2 Pound|
|Cooking oil/Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), quartered|
|Parsley sprigs||6 , stems removed|
|Sweet basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Preferably Blender Grated)|
1) In a pot of salted, boiling water, cook the noodles as per its packet instructions.
2) Drain the noodles and keep aside to stay warm.
3) Into the blender, add in the olive oil or cooking oil, garlic, parsley, basil and pepper. With the Puree blade, blend for about 5 seconds till the parsley is just minced.
4) Transfer the paste to the frying pan. Toss in the noodles as well. Cook till the contents are heated through.
5) Add in the cheese and toss once more.
6) Serve the Green Noodles Romana garnished with a couple of sprigs of basil on top.
Calories 790 Calories from Fat 351
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.4%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 112.3 mg37.4%
Sodium 429.6 mg17.9%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.6%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.8%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 25 g50.7%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 9.9%
Calcium 34.9% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet