Vegetable Noodle Soup
|No salt added chicken broth||31 1⁄2 Ounce, undiluted (3 Cans Of 10.5 Ounce Each)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Carrots||2 , scraped and cut into 1-inch julienne strips|
|Sweet red pepper||1 , seeded and cut into 1-inch julienne strips|
|Leeks||1 , cut into 1-inch julienne strips|
|Vermicelli||2 Ounce, broken in half|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) In a large Dutch Oven, combine together the undiluted chicken broth and 2 cups of water.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil and then add the sweet red pepper, carrots and leek. Mix well.
3) Cook the mixture over moderate-high heat for about 4 minutes.
4) Add the salt, vermicelli and white pepper.
5) Cook for another 6 minutes, till the vermicelli is al dente and the vegetables are soft.
6) Ladle the hot soup into individual serving bowls and serve immediately. Makes an excellent appetizer.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 548 Calories from Fat 22
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.2%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1586.4 mg66.1%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.3%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.5%
Sugars 20.2 g
Protein 31 g62.5%
Vitamin A 572.2% Vitamin C 350.7%
Calcium 23.2% Iron 37.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet